This is a position open to girls who have completed City Summer Internship as an intern, will be at least 15 years old by July 1, 2020, and are entering 10th, 11th or 12th grades. We are seeking program alumna who can work alongside Apprentice Learning staff members as an excellent leader, role model for interns, and program assistant.
Program Dates: Wednesday July 8 to Tuesday, August 11, 2020 8: 30 am – 2 pm
Staff Training dates: Thursday-Friday, July 6-7, 2020 9 am – 1 pm
Must be able to attend ALL dates. Salary: $12.75/hr.
- Host morning Zoom chat times from 8:30-9:00 am
- Enter attendance into a master spreadsheet
- Help interns get to know each other and develop a positive community
- Be a positive role model by fully participating in every activity
- Support teachers during Zoom seminars and virtual workplace explorations every week
- Come up with thought-provoking questions to pose during each community meeting
- Lead ice breakers at community meetings.
- Write up a guide to surviving freshman year of high school
- Come up with their own personal story of City Summer Internship- first person, present tense, captivating story, explains what does Apprentice Learning do
- Teach how to introduce yourself/handshake prep for a workplace exploration
How to Apply:
Complete the City Summer Internship program application found here.